Heath Mount is a leading independent day and boarding school for boys and girls between the ages of 3 and 13. Our pupils are privileged to be educated at one of the oldest Prep Schools in the country, founded in 1796 and situated since 1934 in the Grade I listed mansion of the Woodhall Park Estate just outside Hertford.
Our idyllic woodland setting, dynamic teaching staff, family ethos and award-winning pastoral care provide a joyful and stimulating learning environment. We offer a broad curriculum that balances academic rigour with remarkable enrichment opportunities. Our pupils achieve outstanding results within a nurturing and supportive framework that puts happiness and mental wellbeing at the heart of all we do.
Ensuring that every child is fully prepared to get into their chosen Senior School is of paramount importance. We are proud of our record in matching individuals to the right school, one that compliments their skill set. Leavers move on to a broad range of Senior Schools, the sheer variety is evidence of our belief in diversity and individuality.
Integrity, Industry, Resilience, Respect and Acceptance
We promote a school ethos which is underpinned by these strong values. We believe this helps our children develop a strong moral compass and a sense of self-respect and respect for others. This not only contributes to a constructive and positive learning environment but provides a framework for behaviour that will guide our children throughout the rest of their lives.
- We show integrity through our honesty and strong moral character. We stand up for what is right, even when that is difficult.
- We show industry by drawing on our attitudes to learning, collaborating, reflecting, and striving to achieve the highest possible standards in everything we do.
- We show resilience by having a positive mindset, learning from our mistakes, and persevering when we face a challenge.
- We show respect for our environment, ourselves, and everyone in our community, by being safe, supportive, and inclusive.
- Everyone belongs here. We celebrate diversity and show understanding and acceptance of different beliefs. We stand against any form of prejudice or discrimination.
Heath Mount School aims to provide a safe, friendly and nurturing environment which promotes well-being. It seeks to uncover and develop potential whilst maintaining a balance between traditional childhood experiences and preparing children for an ever-changing and evolving world. The School’s aspiration is for pupils to develop self-confidence, self-discipline, and a strong values system.
Pupils have a very strong sense of fairness and social justice...[and] an excellent understanding of the difference between right and wrong. Their behaviour is guided by the school's values of acceptance, respect and integrity.
ISI Report 2022